As Chairman of the National Unity Party (NUP), I wish to state the following in behalf of the party:
1. The National Unity Party is committed to support the candidate for Speaker who has competence and proven ability to support and help carry out the programs and policies od President Rodrigo Duterte.
2. We supported themajority coalition when they worked for the election of former President Gloria Macapaga-Arroyo as Speaker believing that we provided our country great service by enlisting a former president who has had the highest government experience in both the Executive and Legislative branches of Government and has had extensive foreign relations experiance as well.
3. With these reasons, the NUP will support the candidate who supports President Duterte and has the broadest government experience, who can eloquently represent the Congress and the country in interactions with foreign counterparts.
4. We believe in a Speaker who has a principled approach in trusting the institution and protecting itsintegrity, which are essential in the things the NUP is fighting for.
5. For these reasons, the NUP leadership is supporting for the Speaker of the House of Representatives Former Congressman, former Senator, former Foreign Affairs Secretary and now Congressman-elect Alan Peter Cayetano, who is someone all Congressmen can count on and look up to.
Reference: Brian Yamsuan, Deputy Secretary General